Monday, July 21, 2008

4 in 35.1

Yesterday I pushed myself pretty good. I crossed the 4 mile mark just as the 1 second was passing the 35 minute mark.

It seems that progression is going to slow a bit now, becuase this is probably the same time as what I did on my last post - before I was running farther than 4 miles which explains the extra 2 minutes.

A few things that I realized after yesterday's run:
1)I can push myself harder and actually handle it. So, that is the goal for next time.
2)Do Not drink the night before the run. I had about 48 ounces of beer, I'm going to blame that for slowing me down. - I really don't know if that was a factor, but it seems reasonable.
3)Do Not eat sooner than 2 hours before running. I had to push through a side ache for close to a mile (mile #2), it was a late breakfast.
4)When it is hot, milk is a bad choice.No personal experience with this in the past 20 years, but I'll take Ron Burgundy's word for it.

On a side note, I did time my first mile and I hit 7:45. I thought I was running faster than that, but I wasn't trying to set a 1 mile presonal record either. I was keeping the distance in mind.

Goal for my next run: 4 miles in 34 minutes - or better.

No comments: