Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A good weekend

Had a really good weekend. Spent it in Colorado, Denver mostly.
I did get to take a 10 mile kayak trip down the Arkansas R. on an inflatable 2 person Kayak with my brother-in-law and his fiance and her friend. They called the kayak a duck boat, but it looked like this. The start point was Salida, CO and we floated to a boat landing called Rincon. For the most part it was class 2 with a few spots that were small class 3 rapids. Class 2 and 3 really isn't that big of a deal, but this late in the year it can be challenging because of the rocks, since the water level is lower. It was a lot of fun and I will be doing a float again earlier next summer down in CO, with mostly class 3's. I will post a pic. of this past trip if my brother-in-law sends me one.
Everytime I visit Denver I'm tempted to move to Colorado. Not necessarily Denver, but somewhere in CO.

Anyway, thats all that is new here. Deer and Antelope hunting with the bow started this past weekend, so I will be in the hills and badlands a lot over the next month, with the highlight being a camping tirp to the badlands for 4 to 5 days at the end of Sept.

Have a great day.

No comments: