Friday, June 27, 2008

Lots to say

There are a lot of things I have thought about writing on here over the past few weeks, but they seem to draining and pointless to put on here as I'm not sure anyone really reads this blog anyway.

Where to start... hmm.

I was on vacation for about a week to Minneapolis. Family reunion on A's side. We went to Winona, the Como zoo, and Stillwater, MN. That ended on Sun. and I stayed 1 more day to observe my buddy who is employed with a hospital down there as an acupuncturist - really neat set up and I enjoyed being there. After that we and another buddy went to eat chinese food, not american chinese food - the real chinese food. I talking about the kind of food you can only get in 3 places that I know of...
1) China 2)this restaurant 3) the tv show Fear Factor.

I have eaten at this place twice and I have now named it fear factor (I use that endearingly). The food is actually fantastic and the majority of it is nothing unusual such as shredded lamb and pork various ways, bamboo tips with chili sauce, dan dan noodles, etc., BUT the unusual things that I have had there (most of which are rather tasty) are: Pork intestines and tofu, beef tripe thinly sliced, and a few other dishes which I don't really know what they were.

Anyway, you would be surprised how good some of that stuff actually tastes, incredibly strog flavor (usually good) - and then how some of it tastes like nothing at all - chewy and tasteless.

Tuesday I ended up in Fargo and got to meet up with some friends. Sat outside, ate and drank at Granite City which has very surprisingly cheap beer - if you find yourself there I highly recommend the "two pull" beer. I liked this beer as much as New Castle - and that is saying a lot. After that we got to play some Disc golf which was a lot of fun and the first time I had played in about 5 years. Then poker in which we all lost to KP, the usual.

Anyway, I was intending to vent some of my personal aggravations in here today but this is already long enough. I will probably just put them on www.thedailyskunk.com
and piss people off there instead.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

No comments: