Monday, August 4, 2008

another 4

Just got done with another 4 miles tonight.

This was a mess, I think I have to take a day off in between each 4 mile until I build up some endurance, or I should say until my legs get strong enough to handle consecutive 4 mile runs. My lungs were great, didn't even phase me - but my legs - S.O.B

Tonight from the start I could tell it was going to be a bitch. My legs were sore from the first stride and before mile 2 my knee was already hinting at giving up on me. I pushed through it though. Other than my legs I felt great.

Then, literally as I looked down at the last 1/4 mile mark, I started to feel a burning sensation on my L. achilles area - blister - my F'ing sock was just low enough to allow my shoe to burn a hole through my skin. I'm positive the sock didn't fall down until seconds before I noticed it, because it isn't very bad (bad enough to leave a little blood stain on my shoe), but I pushed through that as well.

Then as I go to open my car, I dropped the goddamn electric key opener thing under my car 1/2 way between both sides, just far enough that I couldn't reach it without a ridiculous stretch that almost caused a pain that felt like a tear in my L. trap. Somehow I managed to restrain myself from absolutely destroying that goddamn thing, but tossed it against the opposite door and somehow it landed back at my feet - You gotta be fricken kidding me, so I gave up and tried to gently toss it into the cup holder - I missed and it fell between the seat and the council. I give up. For those of you who don't know I'm not above breaking inatimate objects as I firmly believe in resistentialism
And before I even new about this theory I had already lived by my own saying of "if it doesn't work by the third try, break it", with few exceptions, but that is another story.

Anyway, I still managed to pull the run off in 33:59, which I believe is exactly 1 minute slower than I ran it last night.

Tomorrow I will hit the gym and take a day off from running.

No comments: